Re: pango fails to build on netbsd-9?

David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> writes:

> Update (and resolution) on this
>
> pango copies files/pango-view.sh into WRKSRC, assuming the copy in the
> pkgsrc tree was executable.

Are you finding that the file is not executable, because the VCS you
rare using does not preserve that, or because you are using an odd
filesystem, or ?   In CVS it is executable.

> <https://matrix.to/#/!ARCRMtOOqxCUNGvKrm:netbsd.org/$FIXpv6wFXNcJ0STok7zOvgOG71corMWKXccKQcGtXhY?via=netbsd.org>
> I'm in turn assuming it's reasonable to replace
> ${CP} ${FILESDIR}/pango-view.sh ${WRKSRC}/output/utils
> with
> ${INSTALL_SCRIPT} ${FILESDIR}/pango-view.sh ${WRKSRC}/output/utils
>
> unless there is a better pattern for copying something which needs to be
> run as a script? :)

INSTALL_SCRIPT is for copying from WRKDIR to DESTDIR.   While it should
work for that, it feels like a use beyond the scope.

Why does this need to be executable?  Looking at sources, it seems it
can't be invoked with sh because that is hard to express in meson.

How about ${CHMOD} +x with a note that it's working  around a vcs or fs
bug?