Re: wip/thunderbird

Havard Eidnes <he%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> I have taken a first stab at updating mail/thunderbird, and my
> draft (which still doesn't build), is now in wip/thunderbird.
>
> The reason I started down this path is that the existing
> mail/thunderbird did not want to build with rust 1.71.1 (also
> from pkgsrc-wip) installed; the build errors out on

It seems like we may have arrived at needing to version rust.  Really I
find that we have avoided this for so long.

> error[E0277]: cannot multiply `u64` by `NonZeroU8`
>     --> /usr/pkgsrc/mail/thunderbird/work/thunderbird-102.8.0/third_party/rust/mp4parse/src/lib.rs:3188:62
>
> with a longer error message at that point.

But, maybe somebody who is good at rust can patch thunderbird 102.8 to
build with 1.71.1; it seems likely that it is code that is not quite
right but used to work and just needs a little cleanup.

Or perhaps upstream has fixed this already?

Thanks for testing thunderbird.  I knew it used rust, but I didn't
really connect that it therefore needed testing.

Clearly we need a bulk-test-rust.  Is anybody up for starting one?