pkgin testing

Hi!

I've been making a huge number of changes to pkgin recently, and it'd be great if anyone interested could test it out prior to me cutting the next release. I've been adding a lot of new code to the test suite, but it's always good to get some more real-world testing, as despite a huge amount of testing I'm always very wary of causing new regressions.

Highlights:

 * SUPERSEDES support.

* Completely written depends/impact path, fixing many install and upgrade scenarios.

* Significant performance improvements. As an example "pkgin -n upgrade" is approximately 50x faster, and uses 4x less RAM, when running on a system with around 1,500 packages installed.

 * Fixed package ordering.

 * Fixed handling for alternative matches.

 * Many cleanups and code refactoring.

To get it, build with GITHUB_TAG updated in pkgtools/pkgin/Makefile to the latest from https://github.com/NetBSDfr/pkgin (currently 81a095a448cfbfd002e4afd42f04ee3eb166a5cd), then copy the resulting binary somewhere.

Note that if you want to go back to an older version afterwards, you'll need to run "pkgin -f update" first as database changes mean older versions will crash as they are unable to handle the new format.

Please raise any issues with the new version at:

  https://github.com/NetBSDfr/pkgin/issues

Thanks!

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com