Re: qemu with gtk3

On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 21:15:44 +0100
Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

> Trying to build emulators/qemu with the gtk3 option enabled on
> NetBSD-current amd64 I get this error:
>
> [2596/6902] Linking target qemu-system-arm
> FAILED: qemu-system-arm
> c++ -m64 -mcx16 @qemu-system-arm.rsp
> ld: libcommon.fa.p/ui_gtk.c.o: undefined reference to symbol 'gettext'
> ld: /usr/lib/libintl.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
> [2615/6902] Compiling C object libqemu...mmu.fa.p/target_arm_tcg_sve_helper.c.o
> ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
>
> Tried adding devel/gettext-lib bl3 to options.mk to see if made any
> difference but it didn't.

It looks like this might be a regression from meson update. -lintl from
glib2's pkg-config gets expanded by meson to /usr/pkg/lib/libintl.so.
This (correctly) gets rejected by the pkgsrc wrappers as the package
is supposed to use native libintl and the referenced library is
not buildlinked. But since -lintl is now completely missing from the
command line we end up with no intl linked at all.

Need to figure out why meson does this.