Re: www/lariza

------- Original Message -------
On Sunday, July 16th, 2023 at 2:33 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> I don't even know what it is so I'm definitely not a user.

It's a WebKit2 based web-browser. One of the two, I've imported sometime ago when I still hoped for some diversity in the web-browser space.
Unfortunately, the state of modern web-browsers is depressing.

> But, a release from only 1.25 years ago is really pretty recent, and it seems
> unusual to remove a package that soon.

I'm aware of this but,
1) It had been discontinued
2) The last release disables sandboxing

So, if no one is using it ...
Also, there's www/badwolf as an alternative.

> So this should be read as a non-objection to this case, but a caution
> that upstream termination does not in the general case suggest immediate
> removal.

I'll wait until August 1.
Regards