Re: Rust amd64 build failure.

> This all is without any options.  When selecting
> rust-cargo-static, rust just builds fine.
>
> What is happening here?

I've not yet looked in detail, but what I suspect is that with
rust-cargo-static set, rust's cargo is built with various
libraries which have the source embedded in the rust
distribution, while it might otherwise try to use other pkg
libraries if that option isn't set, and there may be version skew
between expectations of APIs and what the packages provide.

That probably can't explain the "not a git repository" warnings
turned into errors, though -- I don't know what's up with that.

Regards,

- Håvard