Re: Darwin bootstrap failure

* On 2023-05-26 at 17:14 BST, Jason Bacon wrote:

* On 2023-05-26 at 16:02 BST, Jason Bacon wrote:

On 5/26/23 09:38, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

You can use the default MacOSX.sdk link by setting OSX_TOLERATE_SDK_SKEW=yes, as long as you are ok with the SDK changing from beneath you on upgrades and potentially running into incompatibilities.

I'm not seeing a difference here.  Since Darwin,mk appears to determine the SDK path on the fly, when I update macOS from 13.2 to 13.4, then the hard-coded mapping would change from 13.1 to 13.3 along with the symlink, correct?

OSX_SDK_MAP.13.2=       13.1
OSX_SDK_MAP.13.4=       13.3

Yeh, at this point we should probably just remove it, make skew the default, and recommend users use MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET if they want to be specific about their target SDK.

Sounds good.

FYI, when I tried export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=13.4 prior to bootstrap, it failed with "C compiler cannot create executables". Maybe because the pkgsrc tarball is not up-to-date? I did patch in OSX_SDK_MAP.13.4, but maybe something else needs updating as well. I use pkgsrc to install cvs on Darwin, so not sure how to fully update the tree prior to bootstrap.

Do you have a 13.4 SDK? I don't. The target is for the SDK version, and on my 13.4 Venture I only have a 13.3 SDK (as well as older 12.* SDKs).

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com