Re: Darwin bootstrap failure

* On 2023-05-26 at 15:12 BST, Jason Bacon wrote:

Looks like we need to add the following to mk/platform/Darwin.mk for
macOS 13.4:

OSX_SDK_MAP.13.4=       13.3

cvs up, this was added on Monday.

Does anyone recall why we have these hard-coded mappings in Darwin.mk,
as opposed to just using the "MacOSX.sdk" link, or using the latest?

You can use the default MacOSX.sdk link by setting OSX_TOLERATE_SDK_SKEW=yes, as long as you are ok with the SDK changing from beneath you on upgrades and potentially running into incompatibilities.

Personally I use MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to set the correct SDK at bootstrap time, and then I don't have to think about it again.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com