Re: I cant make borgbackup

On Thu, 27 Apr 2023, Todd Gruhn wrote:

So it fails. I to  'make clean'.  PKGSRC says:

                    ====> Clean  for py310-borg-packup-1.2.4

That can't be right, there's no such thing as "borg-packup."

So its using Python-3.10?   (or 3.1.0?)

Yes, sysutils/py-borgbackup is an application written in Python, as the
"py-" suggests.

What did people need to do , to make this thing build?

You build it like you build every other package... but your log message
("make clean") doesn't actually show what's wrong.

*However*, I do see a build failure on Linux -- is this the error you
saw?

src/borg/platform/linux.c:769:10: fatal error: sys/acl.h: No such file or directory
 #include "sys/acl.h"
compilation terminated.
error: command '/home/charlotte/pkgsrc/sysutils/py-borgbackup/work/.cwrapper/bin/cc' failed with exit code 1
*** Error code 1

Does adding this line to sysutils/py-borgbackup/Makefile help you?

.include "../../sysutils/acl/buildlink3.mk"

Charlotte