Re: ghostscript meta-pkg question

vom513 <vom513%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I understand that ghostscript is a meta. used to choose which version to build (gpl vs. agpl).

Yes, but the GPL version is unmaintained so the only reasonable choices
are

  use AGPL, the default (and adjust ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES if you are ok
  building and using AGPL code)

  don't use ghostscript

We only have this meta and both because some people are uncomfortable
using AGPL code, and more specifically uncomfortable that others might
build a product from it accidentally, and offer a service from their
proprietary code and ghostscript at the same time, and be obligated to
distribute their code under AGPL3 in order to avoid a charge of
infringement.  That's a rant, and an opinion perhaps not widely shared!

> I see the in the Makefile:
>
> 	PKG_OPTIONS_VAR=                PKG_OPTIONS.gs_type
>
> How do I set/choose that ?  Is that a command line var I set before ‘make’ ?
>
> Is it something that goes into mk.conf ?

yes

or "make PKG_OPTIONS.gs_type=ghostscript-agpl"

In general, run "make show-options" in a pkg dir.

  /opt/pkgsrc/print/ghostscript > bmake show-options
  Any of the following general options may be selected:
  At most one of the following ghostscript options may be selected:
          ghostscript-agpl
          ghostscript-gpl

  These options are enabled by default:
          ghostscript-agpl

  These options are currently enabled:
          ghostscript-agpl

  You can select which build options to use by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
  or PKG_OPTIONS.gs_type.