Re: postgresql encoding/locale issues

    Date:        Fri, 14 Apr 2023 22:57:52 +0200
    From:        Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost>

  | Huh? All the methods that change string values are sensitive to the
  | encoding.

You're absolutely correct, as I said in the prelude to my reply,
I don't know much about locales, and that part of my message just
demonstrates that.

I actually realised that later, after I had sent the message, but
by then it was so late that any correction I attempted to send would
have been even more rambling and incomprehensible than my usual
messages, so I just decided to leave it for someone else to correct
(thanks for doing that) or until today if no-one did.

kre