Re: postgresql encoding/locale issues

I'm unsure whether this is related to your problem, but what I remember
(and which is encoded in my scripts which have been proven to be able to
start it all from scratch) seems to be (when creating the database):
	1. use template0 as TEMPLATE, not template
	2. use ENCODING UTF8
	3. use LC_TYPE (in SQL, not in the Environment) de_DE.UTF-8
I.e.
	CREATE DATABASE foo WITH OWNER bar TEMPLATE template0 ENCODING UTF8 LC_CTYPE de_DE.UTF-8
The script doesn't set any Environment, so that should be irrelevant.