ejabberd config file confusion

In updating to 2023Q1, I am having multiple issues with ejabberd, but I
think it's likely the same issues I worked around before and failed to
autoamate.  This note is sort of a question if others are having issue,
and a warning.

I had 4 problems:

  - /usr/pkg/sbin/ejabberdctl
    . bad paths to config files
    . refers to example config not real config
    . uses sed but has gsedisms (I think)
  - /usr/pkg/share/examples/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml
    . is 640 which would not really matter except it is noticed from
      above

Other than that I think it works.