Re: mail/sendmail appears not to be able to compile on NetBSD-9.99. and beyond if options blacklistd is used

Brian Buhrow <buhrow%nfbcal.org@localhost> writes:

> 	hello.  By default, mail/sendmail wants to compile with libblacklist on NetBSD.  However,
> libblacklist was changed to libblocklist some time after 9.x was released.  Searching through
> the CVS logs doesn't reveal when the pkgsrc sources were updated to accommodate this change.
> Am I just missing the updates or has no one tried to use sendmail with NetBSD with versions
> after libblacklist was moved?

I have CC'd jnemeth who is the maintainer of this package, and Christos
who I think developed the code now know as blocklistd.

I looked briefly on a netbsd-10 system, and

  - sendmail builds.  That explains why nobody noticed.

  - the blacklist option is not available because blacklist.h is not in
    the include path

  - the option only controls adding a config file

  - sendmail's build must check for and use the header/lib if present,
    but I can't find where USE_BLACKLISTD is defined in the build.

  - esndmail's source code does not have support for blocklistd

and therefore:

  - I am puzzled by your report.   blacklistd is simply not an option on
    netbsd-10 at the moment.  Perhaps you can state what you did and
    what happened.

  - It seems obvious that the package needs an update to recognize the
    library with either name, and likely to have the option renamed to
    follow the base system renaming, with compat.

  - It seems feasible to just rewrite names in the sources
    blacklist->blocklist with a SUBST_SED that is triggered on NetBSD >=
    10.  (NetBSD-current before 10's branch is no longer of interest for
    pkgsrc.)