Re: glib2 failure on NetBSD 9

On Sat, Jan 28, 2023 at 08:04:50AM -0600, Jason Bacon wrote:
> On 1/28/23 04:45, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > Do you have a charset.alias file somewhere under /home/bacon/Pkgsrc/pkg ?
> >
> > (starts with "646 ASCII" as per Joerg's comment)

> Nope, not on NetBSD, nor on Darwin where it builds fine.  Are you looking at https://www.stata.com/support/faqs/unix/error-converting-format-to-locale-encoding/?
>
> Do you have a charset.alias file?  If so, where did it come from?  There are
> some packages that install one, but they don't seem relevant:

Red herring: I was looking at glib's meson_options.txt which contains

option('charsetalias_dir',
       type : 'string',
       value : '',
       description : 'directory for charset.alias dir (default to \'libdir\' if unset)')

and my build machine does have a /usr/pkg/lib/charset.alias.

However, since then, I got the successful build with NetBSD 9, and that VM
doesn't have a charset.alias file, so it isn't necessary.

Cheers,

Patrick