Re: Odd checksum issue on MacOS

* On 2023-01-13 at 15:25 GMT, Louis Guillaume wrote:

I see what you're saying. My mk.conf is def. ancient! I probably should have compared it vs. the bootstrap-generated sample. Would it be more reliable to change the default in the default space, tools.Darwin.mk, though? What would be the reason to maintain the default value with the less effective option only to have an override in mk.conf for everyone?

Duplicating the logic will likely lead to problems in the future, and will cause confusion for anyone trying to test out whether the pkgsrc versions are still required (which we try to do every release). It would also introduce a small performance hit for every single build.

Ultimately if you're using a mk.conf generated by an older version of bootstrap, this is user error unfortunately. You should probably check for other changes that you might be missing, such as mksh to avoid SIP issues.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com