Re: lang/nodejs lang/npm problems

On 21 December 2022 14:31:31 (+00:00), Takahiro Kambe wrote:

> Hi,
> > In message <1671559207883.1927835371.895817334%gmail.com@localhost>
> 	on Tue, 20 Dec 2022 18:18:06 +0000,
> 	Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>  expected. On NetBSD-current it fails the same way as npm,
> > yarn create v1.22.19
> > [1/4] Resolving packages...
> > error An unexpected error occurred: "https://registry.yarnpkg.com/create-astro: connect EHOSTUNREACH 2606:4700::6810:1023:443 - Local (:::65430)".
> I've met similar error recently.
> > In my case, these step solve the problem. > > 1. adding below lines to /etc/rc.conf
> 2. sudo sh /etc/rc.d/ip6addrctl start

Thanks, that works globally. I actually copied the preferv4 lines into /etc/ip6addrctl.conf once an forever.

# env NODE_OPTIONS= npm ping
npm notice PING https://registry.npmjs.org/
npm notice PONG 70146ms                      <----- failure, 70sec timeout
# env NODE_OPTIONS=--dns-result-order=ipv4first npm ping
npm notice PING https://registry.npmjs.org/
npm notice PONG 359ms                          <----- OK
# /etc/rc.d/ip6addr* start
# env NODE_OPTIONS= npm ping
npm notice PING https://registry.npmjs.org/
npm notice PONG 335ms <----- OK without the environment variable after starting ip6addrctl

And it doesn't matter if one starts ipv6addrctl with 'prefer_ipv6' or 'prefer_ipv4', it works in both occasions, as long as it has been ran.

BTW npm version 9.2 installed from the site via curl works OK, but the installation is different from the present in pkgsrc - 8.15.1; I tried to simply upgrade it to the new version, but it didn't work for me; I didn't go further.

--
----
Chavdar Ivanov