Re: lang/rust-bin

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
> Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> writes:
>
>> Are there plans to update lang/rust-bin to be in sync with lang/rust?
>
> Good question --- normally we do.  Thanks for pointing this out as I had
> not noticed.  However, it requires binary builds of packages for a bunch
> of architectures, more than the very limited set publshed by upstream.
> My guess is that's in process and it's going to happen.
>
> If you're having a problem building any packages in pkgsrc with
> rust-bin, please post specifically about that.  If you just meant to ask
> about it matching and it's not an operational problem, that's fine and
> you have definitely been heard.

I'm not having problems building anything, but I don't know what rust
version firefox 107 will require. I'm happy to do test builds of firefox
107 before the branch for the next pkgsrc snapshot but this will take me
a lot longer if I have to build rust from source.

There was also a recent thread on getting firefox 91 to build with
latest rust, I was going to check whether we need to copy any WebRTC
patches into firefox-91 if people are finding that this version works
better than later ones.

Finally, it just seemed a good idea to have the rust and rust-bin
versions matching in the next quarterly snapshot.