Re: Drop www/webkit24-*

* On 2022-11-15 at 16:51 GMT, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

jperkin@ wrote:

The www/webkit24-* packages are really old at this point, and only
apparently used by these two remaining packages:

   www/deforaos-surfer
   www/ruby-webkit-gtk

To the maintainers of those packages, please could you look at updating
your packages to use the newer www/webkit-gtk package?

I don't mind removing the ruby-webkit-gtk.

- it was part of ruby-gnome2 packages built from ruby-gnome2 source tree
 before all ruby-gnome packages have been switched to using gem
- I don't see users of the package and have less motivation to keep it
 (mikutter had several plugins that required ruby-webkit-gtk2,
  but it has been switched to using gtk3 and all gtk2 plugins won't work)
- no info if ruby-webkit-gtk works with newer webkit
- ruby-gnome source just says "WebKitGTK+ 2.4.11 or later."
   https://github.com/ruby-gnome/ruby-gnome/blob/3.5.1/webkit-gtk/README.md
  but no info why webkit24 was explicitly specified in the past
   http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/www/ruby-gnome2-webkit-gtk/Attic/Makefile#rev1.4

Done, thanks!

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com