Re: python 3.7 removal proposal (before upstream EOL!!)

> <sarcasm> Are we going to drop NetBSD 8 next because it is clearly in a
> much worse shape? </sarscam>
As someone using pkgsrc on -8, I'm sorry to say that wrt. to the C++
gcc version problem, it feels like -8 (and, partly, -9) have been dropped.

The feedback I'm getting from certain developers when proposing solutions
to the problem is, in principle "that doesn't work (but I won't say why,
exactly), simply switch to -9 or -current which have an up-to-date gcc."

My current solution to the problem is to painfully manually build gcc8
under a different prefix, use that to build gcc8 (and its dependencies,
which is the point of going into that trouble) under the standard prefix
and then build the rest with that gcc8.