Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 08:04:19 +0000 (UTC)
From: adr <adr%SDF.ORG@localhost>
To: Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
Subject: Re: First attempt to build qt5-qt-webengine on arm64

On Mon, 31 Oct 2022, Martin Husemann wrote:
This makes no sense as compile time options for a pkg, it must be some
kind of runtime check.

I was thinking of making a package for now with the most common
features in the aarch64 machines supported by netbsd and let
those options so users can build the package matching their machines.

I don't like the idea of pushing ad-hoc runtime detection code in
this package, the amount of patches already here is astonishing
(more than 800). A system function similar to getauxval() would be
more appropriate but that's a good discussion for the netbsd developers,
not for me!

I'll add the code in BUILD.gn and cpu_features.c to support netbsd,
and set arm_cpu_enable_crc32 and arm_cpu_enable_pmull to 0 for now.

Later a netbsd developer can change it for something more suitable.

I'll share with the list if I achieve something, just "make clean;
make configure" is a time destroyer.

adr