wm/fvwm2 hangs on -current (9.99.101)

As reported in my replies to an old thread here:

  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2022/07/28/msg042746.html

and:

  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2022/09/08/msg042949.html

'fvwm2' hangs at startup on -current/amd64 (9.99.101 at this time).
It was recently rebuilt as of pkgsrc-2022Q3 under 9.99.99.

Fvwm2 appears to be trying to decorate the windows that were open prior
to it starting (xconsole and urxvt) which become hidden.  The mouse
pointer glyph is changed to the "wristwatch" and nothing more appears
to happen.

Output from 'top' shows the process as "parked".

One response claims that it works fine for him.  A private message
directing me to a patch for fvwm3 that is claimed to also work with
fvwm2 with a bit of fuzz:

  https://github.com/fvwmorg/fvwm3/pull/683

Has anyone else used 'fvwm2' on -current?  What have been the results?

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD