Re: FYI: new X server in -current, among other X things

I updated my -current install to shortly after the GCC 10.4 update,
doing a non-update build on everything.  I then rebuilt all my extra
packages.

Logging via xdm using the failsafe mode, the in-tree 'ctwm' works fine.
Using my prefered fvwm2 (wm/fvwm), however, hangs as soon as it tries
to decorate any windows (my '.xsession' script starts 'urxvt' among
other things before exec-ing the window manager).

The root window is mostly vacant, the undecorated icon region for
'xconsole' is the only thing visible and the mouse cursor is the
"wristwatch" glyph.

Switching to a text console and running 'ps' or 'top' shows the 'fvwm2'
process is "parked".  So far the only way to stop it is 'kill -9'.

I know pkgsrc-HEAD is preferred on -current, but I'm using an up-to-date
pkgsrc-2022Q2.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD