macOS binary packages migrated to pkgsrc.smartos.org

Hey everybody,

This is for anyone who previously installed my binary package repository from pkgsrc.joyent.com, or anyone who is interested in an up-to-date package repository for macOS.

If you previously installed a pkgsrc.joyent.com bootstrap kit, in order to continue receiving updates you'll need to follow the upgrade instructions over at:

  https://pkgsrc.smartos.org/install-on-macos/

This will unpack a small upgrade kit over the top of your existing install, updating the repository URL and installing a new PGP key. Note that some files will be overwritten, so please ensure you backup any changes you have made to them.

If you have not installed a bootstrap kit before, just follow the regular instructions to install the full kit.

We are no longer providing new packages for macOS Mojave, so while the bootstrap kit and package sets are still available, they will no longer continue to receive updates. If you upgrade to Big Sur or newer, you should be able to follow the upgrade instructions to switch to the new repository.

Any issues please let me know!

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com