Re: PLIST issues compiling devel/boost-libs with clang

On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 18:25:54 +0200
Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:

> > I think this is more a case of trying to use clang with a too old
> > version of libstdc++ from base, which doesn't have the necessary c++17
> > bits. With a more recent version of libstdc++ or libc++, you won't get
> > these PLIST issues with clang. Installing libcxx from pkgsrc and
> > compiling with -stdlib=libc++ might help but it's a sparsely tested
> > configuration.

> So I would put -stdlib=libc++ in CXXFLAGS in mk.conf and re-build the world?

In theory, yes. In practice libc++.so probably will not be found in the rpath.
It might "just work" to include libcxx's buildlink3.mk from mk.conf.
These are uncharted waters.

Another option is to make a change in the clang package.
Look for these lines in the Makefile and change SunOS to NetBSD.

# Enable full LLVM suite on SunOS
.if ${OPSYS} == "SunOS"

Again, uncharted waters. YMMV.