Any method / guidelines to convert FreeBSD port to pkgsrc?

I have spent some time trying to build py-torch on NetBSD, though it's
taking too long. There is no FreeBSD port available either, though there
have been attempts to build a port, apparently from the mailing lists.

As alternatives I am thinking about py-dlib or py-keras, for which FreeBSD
ports are available which can help.

Is there any methodic way, if not tool, to adopt a FreeBSD port to pkgsrc?

--
Mayuresh