Re: IMAP server?

On Fri 17 Jun 2022 at 16:32:01 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 04:29:21PM +0200, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> > Is there an IMAP server that allows for pre-sorted mbox mailboxes? And how to
> > set them up? I tried googling but I only get maildir setups.
>
> I'm using maildir, but I think dovecot also supports mbox, and with
> dovecot-pigeonhole you can use Sieve[1] to sort your mail into folders.

I can confirm that dovecot works with mbox files: it's what I'm using
myself to access my mailboxes at home from my phone. I also use
fetchmail to get mail from my mail server and procmail for local
delivery to those mbox files.

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto