Re: sysutils/gvfs fails to build

On Fri, 2022-04-29 at 07:26 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> "David H. Gutteridge" <david%gutteridge.ca@localhost> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 08:30:31 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> > > netbsd-9, up-to-date pkgsrc-current.
> > >
> > > It is complaining about the fuse version being old:
> > >
> > >  checking for FUSE... no
> > >  configure: error: Package requirements (fuse >= 2.8.0) were not
> > > met:
> > >
> > >  Package dependency requirement 'fuse >= 2.8.0' could not be
> > > satisfied.
> > >  Package 'fuse' has version '2.6.0', required version is '>=
> > > 2.8.0'
> > >
> > > and I happen to have fuse 2.9.3, but I think fuse.buildlink3.mk is
> > > selecting the builtin fuse.
> > >
> > > I am guessing this is fallout from some recent change, but I'm
> > > curious
> > > if others see it too.
> >
> > Yes, I'm seeing it too, and it appears in mef@'s latest bulk build
> > report:
> > http://www.ki.nu/pkgsrc/reports/current/NetBSD-9.0/20220426.0431/gvfs-1.6.7nb59/configure.log
> >
> > Until last week, fuse wasn't a default-on option for NetBSD in gvfs,
> > but someone changed that, so now it fails to build, given the
> > buildlink
> > issue you noted. (This in turn causes the Xfce4 meta-pkgs to fail to
> > build, since Thunar and related plugins still have dependencies on
> > gvfs
> > for particular bits.)
>
> nia@ has just worked around this; fuse is now default on NetBSD only
> on
> NetBSD-current.
>
> (I suspect there is still a bug in the fuse bl3.)

Yes, assuming the pkgsrc version works on NetBSD, I think there are
various things that need correction. filesystems/fuse/Makefile even
has "FUSE the implementation only builds on Linux and FreeBSD" as a
comment, which I'm assuming is wrong. (I don't use FUSE at all, so I
haven't looked into this since the meta-pkgs I care about started
building again for NetBSD 9.x.)

Regards,

Dave