Re: Build packages for an older NetBSD version in chroot - can OS_VERSION in BUILD_INFO be changed to other kernel version than host?

On 04/27, Matthias Petermann wrote:

> Hi Nia,
>
> Am 26.04.2022 um 17:38 schrieb nia:
> > If it interests you, I have some scripts for automatically doing
> > pbulk runs across NetBSD versions using distributed chroots:
> >
> > https://github.com/alarixnia/bulkbuild-scripts
> >
> > Much faster than single-threaded pbulk in two chroots!
>
> Thank you for the hint... after first skimming you seem to have created a
> turnkey solution for what is described here [1].

FYI, Jonathan also has a turnkey solution called pkgbuild:

  https://github.com/TritonDataCenter/pkgbuild

From a quick glance, nia's looks to be lightweight and targeted at
running on a NetBSD host, whereas pkgbuild looks to be designed to run
on SmartOS, NetBSD, Linux, and macOS, and looks a little heavier.

Lewis