Re: deleting apparently phantom package

steve%prd.co.uk@localhost (Steve Blinkhorn) writes:

> /ah, you got it in one.  Packages installed up to 15th February are
> recorded in /var/db/pkg, those from 18th February in /usr/pkg/pkgdb.
>
> What I did in between was to upgrade the machine from NetBSD-7.0 to
> 9.2.  The digest package is recorded in both, though different
> versions.
>
> But another machine I upgraded, this time from 8.0_RC1 to 9.2, has
> all its packages recorded in /var/db/pkg.
>
> How should I proceed?

Read http://www.pkgsrc.org/pkgdb-change/

Read and understand /usr/pkgsrc/_NetBSD-pkgdb and carefully think about
what state you are in.

Set PKG_DBDIR in the three places in the first link to one place,
probably /usr/pkg/pkgdb to end up in a standardized install.

Move things that aren't in the right place.

Use the script to do some fixups.