Re: Circular dependency with textproc/py-tomli?

On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 20:06:55 +0100
Marc Baudoin <babafou%babafou.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While trying to build textproc/py-tomli on NetBSD/amd64 9.2 with
> the latest pkgsrc sources:
>
> /usr/pkgsrc/textproc/py-tomli> make
> [...]
> => Tool dependency py39-pip>=0: NOT found
> => Verifying reinstall for ../../devel/py-pip
> [...]
> ===> Building for py39-pip-21.3.1nb2
> [...]
> pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'tomli>=1.0.0' distribution
> was not found and is required by the application
>
> So what, the chicken or the egg?
>
> Or am I the only one having this problem?

It does not happen to me. The thing is that tomli is vendored(bundled)
with pip and it should use it's own copy so it shouldn't be a pkgsrc
circular dependecy problem I think. Just for asking when did you
checkout the tree? and when was the bootstrap?

 Niclas