Re: mariadb106-client failure to run mysql

On 1/15/22 6:50 PM, Jaromír Doleček wrote:
I believe the +BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM+= rm:-ltermcap should go into
ncursesw buildlink - after all, that is the one which provides it's
own termcap things.

Probably. It should remove -lterminfo too. Also devel/ncurses/buildlink3.mk should do the same, as ncurses and ncursesw both provide termcap and terminfo interfaces.

Of course, ncursesw has no business providing it's own termcap things,
and that should be the root problem to fix.

I think it is too harsh to say that, because the only reason ncurses has a termcap interface is to help applications which still use termcap. Its termcap implementation is in fact just an emulation layer built on top of terminfo. See:
https://invisible-island.net/ncurses/man/curs_termcap.3x.html