Re: Recent lang/python* and textproc/py-cElementTree failure

On Thu, 30 Dec 2021 20:50:17 +0100
Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> > > I think one possible fix is to convert our manual setup.py files for
> > > these modules to setuptools, but I'm not motivated to do this.
> >
> > Can we just make these packages BUILD_DEPEND on setuptools and
> > update the PLISTs match what happens when setuptools is
> > installed? Idunno I'm not a python expert but that seems reasonably
> > straight-forward to me. Does the UNKNOWN file stuff cause any
> > issues?
>
> Or we just post-install delete them. Nothing expects them. (If these
> were real packages, other packages could find it using them, but it's
> supposed to be part of python and nothing checks for them.)

Alright, let's do that.
py39-libxml2 fails similar to this too when setuptools are installed
but it's sources do not come from python core afaict. Might need a
different fix there. Could you have a look?

ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in .../.destdir/usr/pkg:
ERROR:         .../.destdir/usr/pkg/lib/python3.9/site-packages/libxml2_python-2.9.12-py3.9.egg-info
ERROR: The following files are in .../.destdir/usr/pkg but not in the PLIST:
ERROR:         .../.destdir/usr/pkg/lib/python3.9/site-packages/libxml2_python-2.9.12-py3.9.egg-info/PKG-INFO