Re: Does Gnome3 work? How to install?

Hi Frank,

> # Error construction proxy for
> org.gnome.Terminal:/org/gnome/Terminal/Factory0: Error calling
> StartServiceByName for org.gnome.Temrinal: process org.gnome.Terminal
> exited with status 8

This error indicates a DBUS-related problem.

Could you try `dbus-launch --exit-with-session gnome-session` instead of `exec gnome-session`? I'll update the wiki if this solves the problem for you.

> Gnome2 disappeared?
GNOME2 has been deprecated for around 10 years I think. It is no longer maintained upstream and as a result has been removed from pkgsrc.

> gdm seems gone as well.
There is a WIP package at `wip/gdm` if you're inclined to try. Patches are welcome.

Best,
Dan