Re: Python 3.6 retirement

On Sat, Oct 09, 2021 at 07:27:42PM +0200, Adam wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Now that we've got Python 3.10, I think it's time to retire Python 3.6. Many packages already dropped support for this version (like Numpy). It's problematic when it comes to reading UTF-8 files.
>
> We've got Python 3.9 as a default. Maybe we should go one step further and retire Python 3.7 as well?
>
> If there are no objections, I'll aim for Python 3.6 removal anytime soon.
>
> Kind regards,
> Adam

The last time this was brought up, someone mentioned Python 3.6 is the
most recent version that builds on Solaris 10. We know we still have
users on Solaris 10, and it will be supported until 2024, so I'd
like to see Python 3.6 kept for that reason until it's clear that
we're not stepping on anyone's toes by removing it.