Re: Update Liferea 1.12.8 > 1.13.6 ?

On 30/08/2021 17:05, Greg Troxel wrote:

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

I know that the 1.12.x branch is the stable branch and the 1.13.x is
the devel one and that most pkgsrc users will probably want to stay
with the stable branch, however the last 1.12.x update was more than a
year ago and the 1.13.6 release has fixed a few bugs.

This is a situation where having a liferea113 package in wip seems like
it would be useful, at least to allow people to share the work of
maintaining an pkgsrc entry and patches to upstream for NetBSD and other
pkgsrc platforms.

I've thought about that. The problem I have is: What if the package "proper" in pkgsrc changes and then the devel (1.13x) also changes? Do I have to keep track of both packages? For example, liferea 1.13 uses vector images as icons instead of png and this breaks something in *pixbuf*. A developer with commit rights puts a patch onto pkgsrc. Will I have to import the patch into wip or go my own way?

--
Ottavio Caruso