Re: Why can't I see/use plugins in www/liferea?

On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 at 18:56, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 10:18:45AM +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > Perhaps this is worse - now attempt to build it goes through building
> > the newly-needed python3.(9 in my case) packages and subsequent
> > installation fails as in:
> > => Creating binary package
> > /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/py-cairo/work/.packages/py39-cairo-1.20.1.tgz
> > ===> Building binary package for py39-cairo-1.20.1
> > => Creating binary package /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/py39-cairo-1.20.1.tgz
> > ===> Installing binary package of py39-cairo-1.20.1
> > pkg_add: Conflicting PLIST with py37-cairo-1.20.1: include/pycairo/py3cairo.h
> > pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
> > *** Error code 1

> > thereby requiring a full switch from python3.7 to 3.9...
>
> Yes.

I was afraid of this ... I have some 14 python37 packages, 33 python39
packages and 285 python37 packages installed and was wondering the
best way to switch PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT from 37 to 39; I guess I
will change the variable in mk.conf and script the rebuilding of the
lot. Then I'll try removing the python37 packages, which should tell
me the list of packages in need of rebuilding due to the python
version change.

> > I would suggest adding the abovementioned pyhon-3.7-embed.pc to
> > python37 package, which should allow embedding it elsewhere as well; I
> > do not know why this file is missing in 3.7 and present in the others
> > when it actually works.
>
> The better support for embedding python into other programs is a new
> feature of python 3.8. I don't feel that we should backport this to
> pkgsrc just for this issue.

Fair enough, python 3.10 is about to come out in a few months...

By the way, what are its packages going to be called when it is out,
like xxx310-yyy ? Or maybe xxx3a-yyy?

> > By the way, as far as the original discussed package - www/liferea -
> > is concerned, the version in pkgsrc is 1.12.8; the current version is
> > 1.13.6. If one applies the trivial patch (just upping the version in
> > Makefile and distinfo; make distinfo && make package && make
> > print-PLIST > PLIST && make repackage) it actually builds and runs,
> > but does not display the feeds at all, sans any error messages, so for
> > now I'd stick to the working version.
>
> Thanks for the test.  Is it still the case that liferea follows the
> gnome version scheme with even numbers in the second position are
> stable and odd numbers are unstable versions? (I.e. 1.12.x stable,
> 1.13.x unstable).
>  Thomas

No idea, I noticed in the liferea feed of liferea 1.28 the message
that 1.13.6 was released and tried it.

Chavdar

--
----