Why can't I see/use plugins in www/liferea?

Hi,

User error/bug? You decide.

$ uname -a
Linux e130 4.19.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.171-2 (2021-01-30)
x86_64 GNU/Linux

pkgsrc = current

$ cat /etc/debian_version
10.2

Liferea native Debian:
$ /usr/bin/liferea -v
Liferea 1.12.6

Liferea from pkgsrc:
$ /usr/pkg/bin/liferea -v
Liferea 1.12.8

I hope you can all see the attached pictures (if not, please let me know).

As you can see from liferea-debian*, I can click on Tools > Plugins
and see all plugins + I can also download additinal plugins.

But on the pkgsrc version of Liferea, I don't have this luxury, see
iiferea-pkgsrc.png

In the PLIST changelog:
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/www/liferea/PLIST

I see:

1.12.2
------
 * Adding a plugin installer plugin that allows discovering
   and automatically installing 3rd party plugins

So, where is this plugin installer supposed to be?

I have checked the Debian Liferea sources:
https://packages.debian.org/en/buster/amd64/liferea/filelist

and they look quite plain vanilla to me, so I have no clue how this
can possibly happen.

Any input is welcome.

--
Ottavio Caruso