Re: lang/mono or futex problem

On Sun, Aug 01, 2021 at 02:42:59PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:

> Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
> >I've just tried updating the .net program 'torrentzip'
> >(archivers/torrentzip) to the latest version. The current pkgsrc
> >version can be run by calling 'mono' on it (the package installs a
> >wrapper), but the updated version is a Linux binary.
>
> [snip]
>
> >But i'm not sure if that means there is a problem with futex() or if
> >that is already in the error handling.
>
> The futex() implementation in -current doesn't work correctly, so I
> would suspect that first.
>
> There is a newer version in the thorpej-futex branch, it works better
> with Linux OpenJDK but still fails to wake up some threads when
> expected.

"dotnet -h" fails the same way under a netbsd-9 kernel, so this problem
is not related to the futex rewrite that was committed to HEAD last april.
it could be something else wrong or missing in the linux emulation code
that this program happens to notice.

I see that this program tries and fails to find a few shared libraries:
	liblttng-ust.so.0
	liblttng-ust-tracepoint.so.0

and also a procfs file that our procfs does not provide even in linux mode:
	/proc/self/mountinfo

either of those could also be what this program is unhappy about.

-Chuck