Re: wm/dwm missing st which is an important part

Hello Thomas,

Thomas Mueller writes:
> I built and installed wm/dwm.
>
> wm/dwm has rather limited functionality, more limited because it is missing st, which is a small terminal emulator, like a lesser xterm.

This is intended: a window manager can be used also without a
particular terminal emulator (I also would expect that probably a lot
of wm/dwm users uses LOCALPATCHES to adjust its config.h and maybe also
adjust the terminal emulator used).
If you would like to install it you can install st-term.

> Pkgsrc has a devel/st which is something not related, as does FreeBSD ports, and I believe pkgsrc can't have two or more packages with the same name.
>
> There is a conflict: FreeBSD ports has x11/sterm, pkgsrc has x11/st-term.
>
> Something needs to be done to resolve the conflict on st, if one wants dwm or sterm, the lesser xterm.

There is no conflict: one can install both devel/st and x11/st-term at
the same time.