Re: pkgtools/x11-links: libvdpau* and include/vdpau/ missing

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 12:40:58PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:

> tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:

> >> [snip]

> >> I added this back in 2019, x11-links/files/xorg.libvdpau.
> >
> >This doesn't seem to work with native X11  at least with
> >libva-driver-vdpau building.
>
> Works for me with native X11:
>
> % cd multimedia/libva-driver-vdpau/work/.x11-buildlink/include
> % ls
> EGL                 expat.h             libdrm              va
> GL                  expat_external.h    libkms              vdpau
> KHR                 fontconfig          libsync.h           xcb
> X11                 freetype2           pciaccess.h         xf86drm.h
> epoxy               gbm.h               pixman-1            xf86drmMode.h

Found: the problem is that x11-links is a package (I thought the
shadowing was done dynamically when building, depending on the version
in pkgsrc and the X11 version), and the very same version 1.32 was
installed, but it was originally built against NetBSD 8.0. I guess
(not verified) that there was no libvdpau* and related headers in
NetBSD 8.0 hence the package was built shadowing what was, at this
time, present and libvdpau* was not included.

So it seems this can work only by linking the x11-links version with
the X11 version it was based upon (system one or modular package)
and requesting an upgrade when this X11 version has changed.

Deleting x11-links (and dependent osabi) and reinstalling an updated
version against my current 9.1 system solves the configure issue. (But
the building fails for others reasons:

vdpau_decode.c: In function 'vdpau_EndPicture':
vdpau_decode.c:1292:13: error: invalid use of void expression
             (VdpPictureInfo)&obj_context->vdp_picture_info,
						  ^
).

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/