Re: pkgtools/x11-links: libvdpau* and include/vdpau/ missing

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 10:36:02AM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:

> tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
>
> >I put this message again, modifying the subject, hoping that someone
> >knowing the x11-links functions will be able to correct things.
> >
> >Problem: when trying to compile natively pkgsrc libva-driver-vdpau,
> >the configure exits with error since the header <vdpau/vdpau_x11.h> is
> >not found by the caller.
>
> [snip]
>
> >The solution seems hence to add in pkgtools/x11-links/files a file
> >for libvdpau* and its headers so that they are shadowed in the
> >.x11-buildlink directory.
>
> I added this back in 2019, x11-links/files/xorg.libvdpau.

This doesn't seem to work with native X11  at least with
libva-driver-vdpau building.

$ ls /data/m/pkgsrc/multimedia/libva-driver-vdpau/work/.x11-buildlink/include
GL
X11
epoxy
expat.h
expat_external.h
gbm.h
libdrm
libkms
libsync.h
pciaccess.h
pixman-1
va
xcb
xf86drm.h
xf86drmMode.h

My pkgsrc Tag is pkgsrc-2021Q1, and files/xorg.libvdpau is present in
pkgtools/x11-links but to no avail.

> I am getting an error when compiling libva-driver-vdpau later on but
> it configures fine.
>
> What are you trying to do anyway ?

I have a message with xine complaining that it doesn't find some vdpau
backend (at first it was libvdpau_r600, but Rhialto gave the correct
information that this one was in MesaLib; and now xine complains about
some "libvdpau_nvidia.so" backend it doesn't find, while I have a
radeon...) and I simply tried to install what I found related to
vdpau in order to get rid of the message, not knowing if it could
have an impact on the support of some formats (xine displays what I want
to play, so the messages are an annoyance but not a failure messages).

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/