Re: PLIST problem on Solaris 10

Excerpts from Lehel Bernadt's message of 2021-05-27 11:25:20 +0200:
> Hello,
>
> Having started to build packages on Solaris 10 sparc, after a while I'm
> getting various PLIST-related errors when running the install target. These look
> like this:
>
> => Generating post-install file lists
> => Checking file-check results for findutils-4.6.0nb2
> ERROR: ************************************************************
> ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/findutils/work/.destdir/usr/pkg:
> ERROR:         /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/findutils/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/./build-aux/vc-list-files: Failed to determine type of version control used in /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/findutils/work/findutils-4.6.0
> *** Error code 1
>
> Or this:
>
> => Generating post-install file lists
> => Checking file-check results for py38-setuptools-51.3.3
> ERROR: ************************************************************
> ERROR: The following files are in the PLIST but not in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/py-setuptools/work/.destdir/usr/pkg:
> ERROR:         /usr/pkgsrc/devel/py-setuptools/work/.destdir/usr/pkg//usr/bin/find: stat() error /usr/pkgsrc/devel/py-setuptools/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/.: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> It's like the error messages of various commands leak into the expected file
> list. I couldn't figure out why this started happening - tried to reinstall
> some of the packages, but everything's the same.
>
> Could you help me investigating this?

Have a look at what your /dev/null currently is, should be something
like:

$ ls -l /dev/null
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     root      13,  2 May 27 09:45 /dev/null

Or:

$ ls -l /dev/null
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         27 Apr 12 20:01 /dev/null ->
../devices/pseudo/mm@0:null

If it's a regular file, recreate /dev/null, remove your work directories
and try again.

Not sure what exactly is the cause of this but have observed my
/dev/null being lost, if you find a package that cause this to happen
(if that is the problem you're experiencing) share it so we might figure
out what causes this to happen.

> TiA,
> Lehel

/Claes