Re: lang/ghc90 - strange build problem

On 5/23/21 12:54 AM, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My previous build of this package was on the 10th of May, nothing to report.
>
> Today's build - as part of a rolling replace - failed with
> ld: cannot find -ltinfo
> `gcc' failed in phase `Linker'. (Exit code: 1)
> gmake[1]: *** [utils/ghc-pkg/ghc.mk:61:
> utils/ghc-pkg/dist/build/tmp/ghc-pkg] Error 1
>
> There is no libtinfo.so anywhere on this amd64 -current system, so I
> had a further look. It turned out the configure process in
> work/ghc-9.0.1/libraries/terminfo incorrectly finds the presence of
> libtinfo; I repeated the exact command used by the configure script,
> it was indeed successful, but the resulting conftest executable was
> linked against libterminfo.so, so it seems the linker somehow replaces
> the command line '-ltinfo' with '-lterminfo', I couldn't find how and
> where. Further is the build process the above 'trick'  doesn't work
> and the linker fails.

Hmm that's strange... The only changes I recently committed are about
NetBSD/aarch64, and nothing about curses/terminfo/termcap have been
changed for a while. mk/terminfo.builtin.mk and mk/termcap.builtin.mk
are only files that can possibly replace -ltinfo with -lterminfo, but
lang/ghc90 includes neither of them.

Does anyone else see the problem happening? I have no idea why this happens.