lang/ghc90 - strange build problem

Hi,

My previous build of this package was on the 10th of May, nothing to report.

Today's build - as part of a rolling replace - failed with
ld: cannot find -ltinfo
`gcc' failed in phase `Linker'. (Exit code: 1)
gmake[1]: *** [utils/ghc-pkg/ghc.mk:61:
utils/ghc-pkg/dist/build/tmp/ghc-pkg] Error 1

There is no libtinfo.so anywhere on this amd64 -current system, so I
had a further look. It turned out the configure process in
work/ghc-9.0.1/libraries/terminfo incorrectly finds the presence of
libtinfo; I repeated the exact command used by the configure script,
it was indeed successful, but the resulting conftest executable was
linked against libterminfo.so, so it seems the linker somehow replaces
the command line '-ltinfo' with '-lterminfo', I couldn't find how and
where. Further is the build process the above 'trick'  doesn't work
and the linker fails.

I "fixed" this by manually editing
ghc-9.0.1/libraries/terminfo/terminfo.buildinfo.in (after 'make
configure') to say 'extra-libraries: terminfo' instead of
@TERMINFO_LIB@, I don't know at what stage of the configuration
process that variable gets replaced.

I understand this is not the correct way.

Chavdar

--
----