Re: Building mate and xfce4 stops at mate-settings-daemon

On Thu, 20 May 2021 at 13:18:18 -0300, Mandacarú Cascavel wrote:
>Hi, Friends.
>
>I'm trying to build mate and xfce4 from pkgsrc, but compilation stops
>at mate-settings-daemon, writing the following log: (NetBSD-current,
>amd64)
>
>checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
>checking for XINPUT... yes
>checking for FONTCONFIG... yes
>checking X11/extensions/XKB.h usability... yes
>checking X11/extensions/XKB.h presence... yes
>checking for X11/extensions/XKB.h... yes
>checking for LIBMATEKBDUI... yes
>checking for LIBCANBERRA... yes
>checking for LIBMATEMIXER... yes
>checking for GIOUNIX... yes
>checking for NSS... yes
>checking for POLKIT... no
>configure: error: PolicyKit support explicity enabled but not available
>*** Error code 1
[...]

Hello,

I think perhaps there's something different about your build environment
than most. Do you have any custom settings in mk.conf? And when you say
you're running NetBSD-current, what is the actual build date of it (the
userland, that is)? Also, what means are you using to build? pbulk? pkg_
rolling-replace? Manually typing "make install" or the like?

I recently built the mate meta-package on NetBSD 9.99.82/amd64, with
kernel and userland from May 3rd. There was no issue for me. I'm running
another bulk build now with updated pkgsrc (though the same state of the
base system), but it hasn't finished yet.

You also mention Xfce, but mate-settings-daemon isn't a dependency of
it, so it must be failing elsewhere for you with Xfce? I successfully
built the xfce4 meta-package a couple of days ago, from pkgsrc that was
current as of that time, on NetBSD 9.2, without any issue.

Looking at pkgsrc bulk build logs, I didn't notice any failures there,
either. My builds include the polkit dependencies, as I expect the bulk
builds would, since that's the default. (My builds are always done using
pbulk.)

Regards,

Dave