Problem with netbeans on aarch64 RPi Pi3B+

Got this installed and running pretty well:

NetBSD Net-arm64 9.1_STABLE NetBSD 9.1_STABLE (GENERIC64) #0: Thu Apr  8 15:22:30 UTC 2021  mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/evbarm/compile/GENERIC64 evbarm

I wanted to run this package:
      git clone https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI.git
so I installed netbeans-ide from the binaries from
      export PKG_PATH=ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/aarch64/9.1/All
pkg_add installed netbeans-ide.  As part of this install openjdk8 was installed.
When I run netbeans it instructs me to use the jdkhome switch/option which I do as:
      netbeans --jdkhome /usr/pkg/bin/openjdk8-java
It still instructs me to use --jdkhome option??
Where did I go wrong?
TIA,
Paul N

--
I pledge allegiance to liberty and justice for all.