Re: Small bounty for recent version of mariadb in pkgsrc

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 10:38:55AM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> A recent version of mariadb in pkgsrc for (at least) NetBSD-9/amd64 would
> be quite useful to me, but have no time to work on it.
>
> If someone else were to arrange this I would feel compelled to thank them
> by buying them a drink, maybe something of the order of a moderately
> drinkable 10 year old scotch :)
>
> (To clarify, that equates to a £40 paypal or similar transfer, no specific
> requirement to spend it on alcohol)
>
> Thanks
>
> David

Hi David. Last year, I imported mariadb104 to wip. It builds on
NetBSD/amd64, but I didn't feel confident importing it without further
testing, and I lack an application to test with myself. I don't remember
many other people stepping forward who were interested, so I stopped working
on it, but we can resume updating it if you have any suggestions for
what needs improving, and ways to move forward.