Re: Whether and how to choose pkg freetype2 over base?

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 03:44:19PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> Trying my luck with PREFER_PKGSRC = freetype2
>
> But unsure whether it opens a pandora's box making inclusion of more
> libraries there and worse, whether it will force me to adopt modular x11.
> If I do not have any specific reason I believe base X11 should suffice -
> at least when I am on the latest released version (9.1).

By the time of building gtk3+ I ended up adding these:

PREFER_PKGSRC = freetype2 libvdpau libxcb

Some more libraries had to be built but did not require an addition to
PREFER_PKGSRC such as MesaLib libepoxy and whatever they in turn built.

So far no issues at build level. Going to build firefox now.
--
Mayuresh