Re: Whether and how to choose pkg freetype2 over base?

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 03:09:48PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > Firstly, is base freetype2 not meeting above criteria so that one must use
> > one from pkg. And if yes, what's the way to tell pkgsrc to do so?
>
> I must add, my X11 is native, not modular. I'd prefer it that way as far
> as possible.

Trying my luck with PREFER_PKGSRC = freetype2

But unsure whether it opens a pandora's box making inclusion of more
libraries there and worse, whether it will force me to adopt modular x11.
If I do not have any specific reason I believe base X11 should suffice -
at least when I am on the latest released version (9.1).

--
Mayuresh